Dairy producers are invited to attend the I-29 Moo University annual winter workshops, Hot Topics for Cold Days on January 16-20, 2017. Workshops will be held in five locations:
January 16 – Quality Inn and Suites, 507 25th SW, Jamestown, ND 58401
January 17 – Codington County SDSU Extension Center, Classrooms B & C, 1910 West Kemp Ave., Watertown, SD 57201
January 18 – Pipestone Systems Conference room, 1300 So Hwy 75, Pipestone, MN 56164
January 19 – Sioux County Extension Office, 400 Central Ave. NW, Suite 700, Orange City, IA 51041
January 20 – Lifelong Learning Center at NECC, 601 East Benjamin Ave., Norfolk, NE 68701
The workshop cost before January 6 is $50 for producers and industry, $20 for college/technical school students. The price will increase to $60/producer and $25/student on January 7. Select your registraiton.
Each of the associations listed below will pay $50 tuition for members to attend a workshop. Select 'Enter promotional code' and type in the applicable code before selecting the 'Order Now' button to apply the discount to your order.
- South Dakota Dairy Producers code: SDDP
- Nebraska State Dairy Association code: NSDA
- Western Iowa Dairy Alliance code: WIDA
The agenda will be repeated at each location.
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Welcome
- 10:15 – 11:00 a.m. Finances and Returns for Robotic Dairies; Jim Salfer, University of Minnesota
- 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Technology in Activity Monitors; Leo Timms, Iowa State University
- 11:45 a.m. – Noon. Sponsor Interaction
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45 – 1:30 p.m. Understanding Food Marketing: An Industry Perspective; Betty Berning, University of Minnesota and Kim Clark, University of Nebraska
- 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. Effective Communication When Working with Employees on Dairies; Tracey Erickson, South Dakota State University
- 2:15 – 2:30 p.m. Break
- 2:30 – 3:45 p.m. Succession Planning; Heather Gessner, South Dakota State University
- 3:45 p.m. Summary and Evaluations